Alice Gheorghiu wrote:
> Mike Dalessio wrote:

>>> IIRC, Mike Dalessio always typed "nokogirl" instead of "nokogiri", so he
>>> released "nokogirl"
>
>> Since I was a small boy, I have always wanted to be famous for my poor
>> typing skills. So, I would love to sit back and let this particular
>> piece of
>> urban mythology propagate.
>
>> However, nokogirl is just too damn funny to not give credit where it is
>> due:
>>
>>    http://judofyr.net/posts/nokogirl.html
>
>> Carry on.
>
> LOL -with tears in my eyes! Worked on a wget today, with the help of my
> provider and it's a nice solution instead of the mechanize module I was
> hoping to install from this nokogiri(l) or whatever. I'll keep trying
> for my other data provider and ...Stay tuned!. In the meantime if
> there's any ruby expert with a bit of time to review the attachement,
> maybe I am missing something.

The issue on my installation was that libxml2 appeared in my /usr/lib64
directory as libxml2.so.2, libxml2.so.2.6.26, and libxml2-2.6.26 so the
configuration file could not determine which one to use. By making a
symbolic link to the latest version libsml2.so.2.6.26 resolved the
problem. Both nokogiri and mechanize were successfully installed