> ...then the preprocessor can run ALL existing Ruby code unchanged,
> even if the "end" keywords are misaligned.

The preprocess could run all code that had misaligned end keywords,
however, it would break on things like
x = ":
 a string!"

Caleb's wouldn't, though (and also doesn't have the added :'s)

The thought would be that code written in endless "wouldn't have
misaligned end keywords."

Note also that ruby 1.9 if you pass it "-w" already somewhat tracks
alignment, if that's helpful at all.

> Further, the colon gives a
> visual cue that indentation syntax is being employed.  We could
> further reduce some of the ambiguity from which Python suffers by, for
> example, disallowing tabs as marks of indentation.  Spaces only, please.

That's a good idea.

-=r