On 29 May 2009, at 20:14, James Britt wrote:
> Gregory Brown wrote:
>> In all seriousness, I've found your behavior on this list abusive,
>> and
>> I was venting my frustration.   I should have done that in a private
>> mail, but please do not push this issue and make it sound like I'm
>> the
>> source of great pain and suffering here.
>> People only need to search the archives to see what my contributions
>> to this list have been like.
>
> Exactly true.
>
> I'm offended by anyone trying to make Greg out to be some sort of
> willfully and routinely vulgar troll.
>
> His contributions to Ruby have been amazing, and I'm more than
> willing to cut him whatever slack he needs.
>
> Maybe some reflection on what might provoke someone such as Greg to
> respond like that is more in order.

I felt that way when Tony had his outburst. I can't recall ever seeing
this extremity of reaction in a thread on ruby-talk in the years I've
been subscribed, and it either means that there's something
fundamental about this topic that pushes our buttons or that there was
something about the way it was presented that did likewise. Clearly a
raw nerve has been touched either way.

Ellie

Eleanor McHugh
Games With Brains