On 5/28/09, Eleanor McHugh <eleanor / games-with-brains.com> wrote:
> Until I have time to study your code I'll take your word for that.
> Have you tried framing endless.rb as a patch for MRI's lexer? and if
> so how significant are the changes?

urk. I'm not familiar with the mri lexer code. In case I wasn't clear
before, when I said that it was relatively easy to add to the lexer, I
meant my lexer. Of course everything is much less fun in c than it is
in ruby; 150 lines of rubylexer hacks might be equivalent to 600 lines
or more of c. On the other hand, since 1.9 is already warning about
misaligned ends, half of the code needed may be done already.

> Then put out an [ANN] and if the community finds pythonic indentation
> valuable, it'll catch on.

Perhaps I should, but I did it more as a lark and to prove that it
could be done.