On May 28, 10:52   벮
> Question. Currently with rails startup time in linux for me is like 6s,
> in windows like...20s, but regardless, anybody know just why this is
> taking so long (I'm pretty sure it's cpu bound--curious if anyone's
> investigated this).
> Anyone know any tricks to load things quicker?
> Thanks much.

There is a huge IO problem with Ruby on how deal with Windows API IO
stuff.

I did ran some test between bare C doing IO with lot of files and
folders and compare it with ruby. There are so many functions called
just to reach the native API that make things slow.

Don't have to much time now to invest on fixing this, sorry.

--
Luis Lavena