Well, to search through your elements and do a replacement, you could do
something like this:

@rows.each do |x|
  x.each do |y|
    y.gsub!(/regex/) {|match| do_your_substitution(match)}

Or something to that effect, but you know what they say about regular
expressions and using them to solve problems. :)

Using any combination of the inject/map/each methods and doing substitutions
that way may be your best bet, but some of the more experienced rubyists
here may have better suggestions.

Alex