Hi,

|A valid objection that was raised in the earlier thread was regarding
|a quick and easy and common debugging technique: throwing in print
|statements
|
|  def do_something(a, b, c)
|print a, b, c  # for debugging purposes
|    a + b + c
|  end
|
|  def do_something(a, b, c):
|print a, b, c  # error! unexpected indentation level
|    a + b + c
|  end

Despite some might expect, I am not fully against block-by-indentation
a la Python, as long as

  * we keep end and brace blocks as well, of course.
  * prohibit mixing tabs and spaces in indentation mode
  * nice and compatible syntax. for compatibility and other reasons,
    colons do not work for block-by-indentation-marker.

I haven't found any good syntax so far.  Besides that 'end's and
braces often work nice for my eyes.

							matz.