On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 07:22:01AM +0900, Julian Fitzell wrote:
> Hmm... are you using mod_ruby or calling it as a cgi?

When I get the segfault, I am using mod_iowa.  I'm not sure how to call
iowa as a cgi.

When I try to use the guestbook, I am running guestbook.rb, then
accessing Main.html from the web.

http://myhostname/iowa/guestbook/Main.html

> Apache, OS, ruby versions?

Apache 1.3.20-16 running on RedHat 7.2 (presumably compiled with gcc 2.96).
Ruby 1.6.5, compiled with gcc 3.0.3.
IOWA 0.15, compiled with gcc 3.0.3.

> Hopefully that'll get us somewhere, these segfaults are disturbing since
> I never see any of them myself...

No kidding.  I'd really like to use IOWA, since it looks like it will
abstract away so much of the annoying parts of writing CGI scripts.

Are there any other systems like IOWA that will abstract away the CGI
session maintenance?  I think I have more than enough options for now
for HTML templates.

Thanks for your help,

Paul