On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 5:23 PM, Juan Zanos <juan_zanos / talkhouse.com> wrot=
e:

> I'm saying that when all other factors are held =A0constant more lines is
> less readable. =A0Your arguments ignore that and only place value on
> editors and project management when the extra lines exist and
> not when they don't. =A0 That's not a level playing field.

You're right.   I should note that better design also mitigates most
of the concerns about the problems of whitespace significance (for
me).
But that doesn't invalidate my feeling that this whole stirrup about
'readability' is a straw man at best, and an indication of a poor
ability to write clean code without extra help at worst.

> Thinking about ways to reduce this overhead in the language is good.

And implementing them is great.  Because it solves your problem for
you, and does not require convincing others that it is a problem.
Those who do find this desirable will use it.  So what's stopping you?

-greg