On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 11:05 AM, J Haas <Myrdred / gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 19, 4:49=A0pm, Eric Hodel <drbr... / segment7.net> wrote:
>> Does anybody complain about terminating '}' in C, C++ or Java?
>
> I do, now. Redundancy irritates me.
>
>>=A0Does anybody complain about terminating '.' on sentences?
>
> If the period accounted for one-sixth of English text, perhaps they
> would.

wellwhydontwegetridofallpunctuationthingslikespacescommassemicolonsquoteset=
cperiodcertainlytakeupmuchmoreofourprosethantheydeserveandcapitalizationeat=
supvaluableverticalspaceandnoneedforparagraphseparationeither

Seriously, if you measure things by avoiding extra keystrokes, get a
better editor.  I value readability over parsimony of lexical items.

--=20
Rick DeNatale