On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 11:05 AM, J Haas <Myrdred / gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 19, 4:49   򮮮
>> Does anybody complain about terminating '}' in C, C++ or Java?
>
> I do, now. Redundancy irritates me.
>

> If the period accounted for one-sixth of English text, perhaps they
> would.

wellwhydontwegetridofallpunctuationthingslikespacescommassemicolonsquotesetcperiodcertainlytakeupmuchmoreofourprosethantheydeserveandcapitalizationeatsupvaluableverticalspaceandnoneedforparagraphseparationeither

Seriously, if you measure things by avoiding extra keystrokes, get a
better editor.  I value readability over parsimony of lexical items.

--
Rick DeNatale