On May 19, 5:19  򮮮
> Implement it, post it on github, then post back here and see if people
> like it. These conversations in which people pretend to try to
> convince one another just to assert their views are much less
> productive than just solving whatever the original problem is.

Ugh, pass. I've wasted far too much of my life coding what I thought
were useful features for open-source projects only to find that the
committers didn't share my opinion. I ain't touching something like
this unless there's at least some reasonable chance the patch might
actually get accepted.

If you want to try this out, as I said earlier in this thread,
preprocessors exist. And seem to work, which kind of belies the claim
that this change would be impossible.