So, starting August 15th, the Amazon product web service API (the one
where you can get info about amazon products, manipulate wishlists and
shopping carts, etc), is going to require a form of cryptographic
signature on all requests.

http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/AWSECommerceService/latest/DG/

I think I can put everything together from various gems. But it's kind
of picky (for instance, you have to make sure to CGI-escape in exactly
the right way and not over-escape at certain points).

I'm wondering if anyone knows if anyone's already tackled this, and
maybe has a gem with tests that'll do it for you?  Maybe part of some
larger amazon-interaction gem or something? This authentication method
has been used with other AWS apis for a while now I think. But I can't
find anything.

If not, and I write it, do you all think it would be a good thing to
distribute as a gem? It probably won't be very many lines of code, but
making sure you've got the _right_ few lines of code that don't have any
bugs in them is the trick.

Thanks for any advice,
Jonathan