CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

                             ACM SIGPLAN 2009
                International Symposium on Memory Management
                    June 19-20, 2009, Dublin, Ireland

                              Co-located events
                              PLDI, LCTES, PLAS

                 http://sysrun.haifa.il.ibm.com/hrl/ISMM2009

|                    ON-LINE REGISTRATION IS NOW
OPEN                       |
|              https://regmaster3.com/conf/PLDI09/register.php
|

|                         !!!! REGISTER
NOW !!!!                            |

|              Deadline for early registration: May 20,
2009                |

|                 HOTEL RESERVATION INFORMATION
AVAILABLE                   |
|        http://www-plan.cs.colorado.edu/~pldi09/accommodations.html
|

|           Thanks to the generosity of our corporate
supporters,           |
|               IBM Research, Microsoft and SUN
Microsystems,               |
|  ISMM is able to offer heavily discounted registration fees for
students  |

ISMM is the premier forum for research in management of dynamically
allocated
memory. ISMM 2009 is colocated with PLDI'09, Programming Language
Design and
Implementation in Dublin, Ireland.

This year's ISMM features:
  - Keynote speaker
  - 15 presentations
  - Wild and Crazy Ideas Session
Complete details will be posted on the ISMM 09 web site when
available.

Wild and Crazy Ideas
  Following the success of this session in previous meetings, we will
again
  hold this fun and informal forum for discussion of interesting ideas
in the
  area of memory management. Presenters are given just 4 minutes in
which to
  present their idea and 1 minute to take questions.  Prizes are
awarded for
  the idea most crazy and the one most worthy of implementation!
Please
  contribute your wild and crazy ideas. Contact the WACI chair, Tony
Hosking
  <hosking / cs.purdue.edu>, before the event.

PROGRAM

Session 1:

- Modeling, Analysis and Throughput Optimization of a Generational
  Garbage Collector, David Vengerov
- A New Approach to Parallelising Tracing Algorithms, Cosmin E.
Oancea,
  Alan Mycroft, and Stephen Watt
- Scalable Support for Multithreaded Applications on Dynamic Binary
  Instrumentation Systems, Kim Hazelwood, Greg Lueck, and Robert Cohn

Session 2:

- Garbage Collection in the Next C++ Standard, Hans-J. Boehm and Mike
  Spertus
- Precise Garbage Collection for C, Jon Rafkind, Adam Wick, Matthew
  Flatt, and John Regehr
- Self-Recovery in Server Programs, Vijay Nagarajan, Dennis Jeffrey
  and Rajiv Gupta

Session 3:

- Investigating the Effects of Using Different Nursery Sizing
Policies
  on Performance, Xiaohua Guan, Witawas Srisa-an, and ChengHuan Jia
- Placement Optimization Using Data Context Collected During Garbage
  Collection, Mauricio Serrano and Xiaotong Zhuang
- Efficient Alias Set Analysis Using SSA Form, Nomair Naeem and
  Ondrej Lhotak

Session 4:

- Identification of Logically Related Heap Regions, Mark Marron,
  Deepak Kapur, and Manuel Hermenegildo
- A Qualitative Model of Spatial Locality, Ian Christopher, Tongxin
Bai,
  Xiaoming Gu, Chengliang Zhang, and Chen Ding
- Fast Allocation Speed, Low Memory Fragmentation, and High Spatial
  Locality: Pick Two, Alin Jula and Lawrence Rauchwerger

Session 5:

- Dynamic Shape Analysis via Degree Metrics, Maria Jump and
  Kathryn McKinley
- Live Heap Space Analysis for Languages with Garbage Collection,
  Elvira Albert, Samir Genaim, and Miguel Gez-Zamalloa
- Parametric Heap Usage Analysis for Functional Programs,
  Leena Unnikrishnan and Scott Stoller

ORGANIZERS

General Chair:                      Program Chair:
Hillel Kolodner                     Guy L. Steele Jr.

Steering Committee:                 Program Committee:

David F. Bacon, IBM Research        Angela Demke Brown, U. Toronto
Steve Blackburn, ANU                Dino Distefano, Queen Mary, U.
London
Amer Diwan, U. Colorado             Dan Grossman, U. Washington
Richard Jones, U. Kent              Ranjit Jhala, UC San Diego
Hillel Kolodner, IBM Haifa Research Pramod Joisha, HP Labs
Greg Morrisett, Harvard             Matthias Meyer, U. Stuttgart
Eliot Moss, U. Massachusetts        Martin Rinard, MIT
Erez Petrank, Technion              Xipeng Shen, William and Mary
College
Mooly Sagiv, Tel-Aviv U.            Fridtjof Siebert, Aicas GmbH
Guy L. Steele Jr., Sun Microsystems Bjarne Steensgaard, Microsoft
Research
                                    Kenjiro Taura, U. Tokyo
                                    Martin Vechev, IBM Research