Hi --

Roger Pack wrote:
> Thought I'd pass these thoughts by the readers here before sending them
> to core.  They're my current wish list :)

Could you possibly start a different thread for each topic? Bunching
them together makes it very labor-intensive to try to follow the thread
if one is interested in a specific point, and impossible to tell who has
responded to what without going through six topics' worth of posts.

> 4) (this one's controversial) remove the extra # for code in strings
> (i.e. "string#{code}") ->  "string{code}" less typing.

It's not extra, though. One way or another you have to flag the
difference between interpolation and literal {. Having to escape literal
{ because they have special meaning seems to me to be the long way 'round.

David

Now out in PDF: The Well-Grounded Rubyist (http://manning.com/black2)
"Ruby 1.9: What You Need To Know" Envycasts with David A. Black
http://www.envycasts.com