On Apr 30, 9:06   ᮮ
> On Apr 30, 2009, at 6:30 AM, Mark Thomas wrote:
>
> > On Apr 29, 8:46 am, James Gray <ja... / grayproductions.net> wrote:
>
> >> "=HYPERLINK(""http://www.radiofreetexas.org/"", ""ClickHere"")"
>
> >> Unfortunately, I can't think of an easy way to break up data like
> >> that.          >
> > You mean like this?
>
> > str.gsub(/"(?!")/, "")
>
> I'm not real sure what you are aiming for here.
That's what I get for reading too quickly to get the entire context.
The regex de-escapes the string above. I realize now you were talking
about parsing the invalid CSV. The way I see it, the OP has two
1. Not use FCSV
2. Make his CSV valid before parsing

If the above is his only problem, he can do #2 this way:

line.gsub!(/=HYPERLINK\((.*?)\)/) { |hyp|
  hyp.gsub(/\"/,'""')
}