Hassan,

My experience was with VirtualBox on Windows on a new IBM Touchpad
laptop about a year ago. The environment was snappy at the very
beginning, but became slow (compared to native Linux installations)
when I used Ubuntu's package manager to install software.

Sorry for not being specific.

Alex

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Hassan Schroeder
<hassan.schroeder / gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 11:40 AM, Aleksandr Levchuk <alevchuk / gmail.com> wrote:
>> Usually virtualization (VMWare, etc.) is too slow to use.
>
> That's a uselessly broad statement. I've used VMWare on Windows,
> Linux, and Mac hosts, and never found that to be true, even running
> multiple VMs simultaneously.
>
> Maybe slow on a netbook or an iPhone or something. :-)
>
> But certainly the OP can try a virtualization approach first and see if
> it's performant enough on his hardware for his needs.
>
> TMTOWTDI.
> --
> Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder / gmail.com

Aleksandr Levchuk
Biology Systems and Database Administrator
University of California, Riverside
Cell Phone: (951) 368-0004