Thomas Hurst wrote:

I wrote:
>>AFAIK, a b/w one-document non-frame option for printing is planned.
>>
> Frames aren't just bad for printing, they also screw up forward/back,
> remove the ability to effectively reference specific URI's and break
> bookmarking.  Being bad for printing is also an effect of being
> generally bad outside the WIMP graphical browser environment; they don't
> transfer well to aural browsers, tty displays, or portable devices
> either.

The mentioned one-page output format would be a fit for the requirements
you list *and* be good for printing.

> Probably not, but if you suddenly find a desperate need to, for
> instance, embed your documentation into a database, a schema which
> defines modules, classes, methods, variables etc would be much easier to
> process than DocBook.

Before modeling a custom language, one could (IMHO should) evaluate
existing languages, for the sake of interoperability. Those existing
schemas often have been debugged over years.

I don't know which one; perhaps UML related stuff like XMI.

Tobi

--

* peace&love.
* http://www.pinkjuice.com/