Thomas Hurst <tom.hurst / clara.net> writes:

> The HTML's a bit messy, with things like using tables+CSS to provide
> coloured backgrounds and section headers when a simple <h{1,2,3}> tag
> would do.

I agree it's a mess. I know next to nothing about HTML, and I've been
hoping that people would contribute new templates that would fix these
problems. Rich Kilmer's template seems to be pretty popular: it's been
used on a number of published projects.

The weird combinations I ended up using where chosen simply to get
something to work across NS4.7, IE5/6, Konqueror, Opera, and Mozilla
(the browsers I have to hand). It seemed to me that whenever I
simplified something down, the output would get screwed up in one
environment or another. However, I'd welcome someone who knows HTML
and browsers producing new templates I could distribute.

In terms of generating non-frame output, I think you can do that with
templates right now. What you _can't_ do now is have a single large
output file for everything: that'll probably come when I add XML
support.

Dave