Thomas Hurst wrote:

> The HTML's a bit messy, with things like using tables+CSS to provide
> coloured backgrounds and section headers when a simple <h{1,2,3}> tag
> would do.

Just send Dave your suggestions, ideas, code, or/and complete templates;
he's very responsive and thankful for contributions.

> It also uses frames, for which I'm afraid Dave is going to hell ;)

AFAIK, a b/w one-document non-frame option for printing is planned.

> To this end, an XML output format would be good.

Which one?

When an existing standard is chose, processing tools exist.
Like the XSLTs for Docbook (docbook2html, docbook2xslfo=>PDF) etc.

> That can then be
> processed using XSL/Ruby/whatever to turn it into pretty much anything
> else, including XHTML, DocBook, plaintext etc.

I'm not sure if I would sit down and write transformations for a custom
RDoc XML language.

Tobi

--

* peace&love.