Hi,

I can't figure out why this doesn't work.  I need to do this because I'm
initializing the button elements separately within the constructor, but
I want to ensure that the button is actually created first.  I do this
all the time with GTK+ & Ruby/GNOME2 on MRI, but it doesn't seem to want
to go with JRuby.

Is this problem something to do with the overloaded JButton
constructors?  How can I force a particular one to be called?  I've read
several Google results, but since I'm trying to call the JButton()
constructor with no arguments, I can't figure out what to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

ast

$ cat $HOME/jbutton.rb
require 'java'

include_class 'javax.swing.JButton'

class Foo < JButton
  def initialize(count)
    super()
    self.text = "Foo"
    @count = count

foo = Foo.new

$ cat $HOME/output.txt
nene$ c:/devel/src/jruby/bin/jruby -v
jruby 1.3.0 (ruby 1.8.6p287) (2009-04-26 r6586) (Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 1.6.0_13) [x86-java]
nene$ c:/devel/src/jruby/bin/jruby jbutton.rb
jbutton.rb:13: wrong # of arguments(0 for 1) (ArgumentError)

The above example is contrived to produce a suitable testcase, but based
on the actual code that I'm trying to run.
--
Andrew S. Townley <ast / atownley.org>
http://atownley.org