Posted by jwkh (Guest) on 26.04.2009 15:15
>>  wondering if anyone uses Ruby "outside" the Web development/

Ruby is a better language - according to me (with my limited knowledge)
-
than perl and python.  It can do almost everything what perl and python
can
do.

If you want to know more about the  capabilities of Ruby, apart from Web
developments, please make  a visit at RubyForge. If you are serious
about learning ruby,  you will find programming is fun with this
classic,
versatile language

Google will help you further to know more about ruby and its
multipurpose
strength

Learn Ruby and be productive. Best of luck