On 25.04.2009 16:43, Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:
> Robert Klemme wrote:
>> On 25.04.2009 16:14, Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:
>>> In case anyone's interested, I've started a simple HOWTO blog post for
>>> serving up JRuby + {Rails,Merb,etc} if you already have an Apache
>>> server (which I suspect is a typical setup for most folks serving
>>> Rails and friends):
>>>
>>> http://blog.headius.com/2009/04/apache-jruby-rails-glassfish-easy.html
>>>
>>> I'm no Apache expert, so I'd really love suggestions, but basically
>>> it's as simple as running the app in JRuby (using GlassFish gem or
>>> Mongrel or whatever) and setting up Apache to proxy to it. JRuby side
>>> will handle all requests thrown at it.
>> Do you have any experience with integration in Java based webservers
>> (Tomcat, Jetty and the like)?
>
> For Apache? Yeah, there's what used to be called mod_jk, which I believe
> is now mod_proxy_ajp. ajp is a faster-than-proxy protocol that compacts
> the request and response to speed it up. For something on localhost,
> however, I doubt it would make much difference for performance to use
> mod_proxy_ajp instead of mod_proxy_http.

No no, I meant, using Tomcat, Jetty or the like with JRuby.  Sorry, the
question was definitively not precise enough.

> But yeah, if you wanted to set up a full-on Tomcat or GlassFish or
> whatever server, you could use the proxy_http or proxy_ajp setup just as
> easily. But I think most people would prefer a single command to run the
> server process over something like Tomcat.

Erm, what do you mean by that?  With a proper configuration and JRuby's
libraries deployed starting Tomcat should be enough.  What am I missing?

Kind regards

	robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/