Robert Klemme wrote:
> On 25.04.2009 16:14, Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:
>> In case anyone's interested, I've started a simple HOWTO blog post for
>> serving up JRuby + {Rails,Merb,etc} if you already have an Apache
>> server (which I suspect is a typical setup for most folks serving
>> Rails and friends):
>>
>> http://blog.headius.com/2009/04/apache-jruby-rails-glassfish-easy.html
>>
>> I'm no Apache expert, so I'd really love suggestions, but basically
>> it's as simple as running the app in JRuby (using GlassFish gem or
>> Mongrel or whatever) and setting up Apache to proxy to it. JRuby side
>> will handle all requests thrown at it.
>
> Do you have any experience with integration in Java based webservers
> (Tomcat, Jetty and the like)?

For Apache? Yeah, there's what used to be called mod_jk, which I believe
is now mod_proxy_ajp. ajp is a faster-than-proxy protocol that compacts
the request and response to speed it up. For something on localhost,
however, I doubt it would make much difference for performance to use
mod_proxy_ajp instead of mod_proxy_http.

But yeah, if you wanted to set up a full-on Tomcat or GlassFish or
whatever server, you could use the proxy_http or proxy_ajp setup just as
easily. But I think most people would prefer a single command to run the
server process over something like Tomcat.

- Charlie