Hi,

I am confused regarding the current concensus to write Ruby embedded
documentation.  Previously, I used Ruby on Windows, and based on the
"Programming Ruby" book, I happily generated Ruby documentation based on
rdtool with the rd2 command.

Now, I am using Ruby on Linux, and I have downloaded Ruby version
1.6.6.  I was pretty surprised to find out that rdtool/rd2 is not
there.  When I just took the rd2 script from Windows, it did not work in
Ruby 1.6.6. on Linux because some 'require'd files are not available.

I then searched the Ruby discussion archives, and one person mentioned
that the emerging standard seems to be rdoc (http://rdoc.sourceforge.net).

So, right now, what is the best way to generate the embedded
documentation?  And if I want to stick with rdtool, how can I obtain a
working rd2 for Linux?  Thanks.

Regards,

Bill