Coming from other programming languages, notably Basic based, a little
Java & C++, I find that passing blocks into methods is a little cryptic.
What I mean is that when reading a method description (definition) there
is no reference made to the fact that a block could be passed in as an
argument. To me, it appears as if the method has to be read in
conjunction with how the method is actually called in order to know if a
block is passed or not. If my assertion is correct then the actual
method call(s) in source code could be 100's of lines away from the
method definition.

Is this how things are or are there some techniques to smooth this
process somewhat?