* Florian Frank (flori / eavesdrop.ping.de) wrote:

> Thomas Hurst <tom.hurst / clara.net> schrieb:
> > 1) Write a quine, i.e. a program that prints it's own source.
>
> It's easy to write a quine in Ruby:
>
> _=["print'_=',_.inspect,';',_\n"];print'_=',_.inspect,';',_

Right, now check for a command line argument and print
perl/python/list/scheme/c/c++/java source that quines itself and checks
for the existence of a command line arg that prints the original ruby :P

Then make the two listings identical ;)

> > Extra points awarded for doing interesting things like encrypting or
> > compressing any data (and including the pure ruby code to extract
> > them
>
> Hmmm, my quine doesn't deserve the extra points, but I think it's
> pretty small even without compression. :)

But it's a oneliner and doesn't include the #! line or any comments :)

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst  -  freaky / aagh.net  -  http://www.aagh.net/
-