On 24 avr. 09, at 14:48, Eric Hodel wrote:

> On Apr 24, 2009, at 06:43, Bruno Sousa wrote:
>
>> I am for something like main differences/improvements between stable
>> versions like 0.95, 1.0, 1.8, 1.9 .
>

> I don't believe those are stored anywhere.  You'll have to
> construct them from the tags/ directory of the SVN repo.

Ruby's source control system leaves much to be desired.   If you try
to checkout tags you'll get gigabytes of mostly redundant
information, which is silly.   If you check out trunk you won't get
the tags.

The ruby source code isn't that large.  The actual code in trunk
seems to be only about 15M.   The compressed history, including tags
and branches, seems to be only about 13M.  With a better source
control system you should be able to download and manage the entire
history without wasting much bandwidth or disk space.   That could be
very beneficial.