On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Gary Wright <gwtmp01 / mac.com> wrote:

> Well, that is why I put the caveat about 'Ruby object resources'.
> Isn't it fair to assume the at_exit code isn't actively hostile? :-)
Well I do see the smiley but still want to point out that "passively
hostile" might be bad enough, actually pretty bad!

> If you've got at_exit() code that is trashing external resources that are
> used by a child process, that is a bug to be fixed I think rather than a =
bug
> to be obscured via exit!
This is a good point though, I guess bombing in the child might indeed
be the best way to find out what is conceptually wrong, but I am quite
unexperienced with this kind of code in Ruby. OTOH are not most of us?

Cheers
Robert

--=20
Si tu veux construire un bateau ...
Ne rassemble pas des hommes pour aller chercher du bois, pr=E9parer des
outils, r=E9partir les t=E2ches, all=E9ger le travail=85 mais enseigne aux
gens la nostalgie de l=92infini de la mer.

If you want to build a ship, don=92t herd people together to collect
wood and don=92t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to
long for the endless immensity of the sea.

--
Antoine de Saint-Exup=E9ry