--n8884J15jRwcBTvu

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 05:14:21AM +0900, Christophe Mckeon wrote:

> > I wish you well with your endeavours as I'm sure on a personal level
> > that permaculture is rewarding (at least based on my experiences of
> > growing my own vegetables and brewing my own alcohol)
>
> i'm glad you enjoyed it. gardening by the way produces about 5 times the
> output of food per unit of land than petro-ag. when you also start to do
> ecological design and move away from annuals towards primarily
> perennials then you can cut out most of the work involved as it is done
> by the system for you. the agricultural component of permaculture is
> basically that, smart gardening, but it can be scaled up to much larger
> systems, like self-sustaining food forests.

The quickest way to reform agricultural practice in the US would, I'm
sure, be to stop subsidizing massive corporate farming concerns -- you
know, "petro-ag".

Quoth The Financial Times: "As an ultimate incentive to solve the
millennium bug computer problem, China has ordered its airline
executives to take a flight on January 1, 2000."

--n8884J15jRwcBTvu