On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 09:45:37AM +0900, Phil Tomson wrote:
> In article <20020208173941.A68914 / freebsdportal.com>,
> Jim Freeze  <jfreeze / freebsdportal.com> wrote:
>
> Prototype it in Ruby - sounds like it might be something that you could
> do in Ruby pretty quickly.  If it's for internal use only and the
> prototype meets all of the requirements then maybe they'll let you go
> with it in Ruby (they might figure that since you've got it working,
> why bother rewriting it in C - but YMMV depending on your managment's attitude
> towards new things ;-)

You are probably familiar with the situation Phil. :)
I am protyping the a solution with Ruby and writing a memo
on it next week. But, I would like to demonstrate a point of comparison
in C. I expect the C solution to be less elegant, and to
be used. But, after some time of pain, I expect them to
succumb. ;)

--
Jim Freeze
"Give some people an attoparsec and