A lot of people said some interesting things were thrown out.  Maybe
some contributors are concerned about a problem that doesn't relate to
the issue.  Eleanor is pretty close, as far as I can tell, to
demonstrating that we, as a species, "are" a product of some kind of
evolution, and that we don't have to be scared of it.  We just may
well run a race faster than Earth.  I agree with that.  I agree with
Phlip, too.  I also agree with many things Chad and Robert said.

I disagree with the interpretation of chaos theory, and also of
basically non-linear subjects at all that have been mentioned here.

For humans, as a species, to really -- as a whole -- think we have
control over cosmological events is not only pompous, but a severe
look at what we have become.

The first time I heard the Malthusian argument in school, I wrote a
paper about it.  I got an F because I disagreed with it.

I'm a bit tired of the "We are creating our own disaster type thing."
It's a vicious circle that almost creates itself.

One thing I've learned during my short time on Earth is that people
will _always_ feel the doomsday coming.  Just look at history.

I, for one, am looking to see something like vertical farms.

With that said, I'm also a fan of people doing some permaculture as a
benefit, and not as a stance of how we should live with some sort of
absolution.

Todd