--00163616413ba8a1da046826fbe0

My guess is that the context fails to keep track of local variables. Try an
experiment with something simpler:

ScriptContext sct  ruby.getContext
jruby.eval("name  Ahmed'")
jruby.eval('puts "My name is #{name}"')

If things explode, my theory is correct.

James

PS: Semi-colons aren't required, nor are empty parenthesis. It's considered
out of the Ruby norm to use them. As such, I'd avoid them in your coding.
See http://www.pathf.com/blogs/ruby-and-rails-style-guide/