2009/4/21 Piyush Ranjan <piyush.pr / gmail.com>:

> DRB seems a better option but I think Marshal load dump seems easier even
> though there is a performance degradation.

I am not sure what you mean by this. As Joel pointed out, DRb does use
Marshal. You just need to decide which objects are remotely accessible
and which should be sent over the wire.

If you have a heavy concurrent application with frequent updates you
must watch out for all sorts of consistency issues. It may turn out
that it is better to use the database for maintaining integrity and do
a per process caching of relevant data from the DB.

Kind regards

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/