In article <20020208173941.A68914 / freebsdportal.com>,
Jim Freeze  <jfreeze / freebsdportal.com> wrote:
>On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 07:34:58AM +0900, Christophe Broult wrote:

I think he meant to steal Ruby's Open3.popen3 implementation from the Ruby
C code...

>The reason I ask is because we have some development going
>on at work and they don't want to use Ruby. Go figure....:)

Prototype it in Ruby - sounds like it might be something that you could
do in Ruby pretty quickly.  If it's for internal use only and the
prototype meets all of the requirements then maybe they'll let you go
with it in Ruby (they might figure that since you've got it working,
why bother rewriting it in C - but YMMV depending on your managment's attitude
towards new things ;-)

Phil