On Sat, 9 Feb 2002, Christian Boos wrote:

> [...]

People thinking about replacing CVS might want to go see www.regexps.com
and look at arch.  I first saw this on the free software business mailing
list, and immediately thought that it should be rewritten in ruby instead
of sh, sed, and awk ...

People wanting to work on a make replacement might want to go see
sc-archive.codesourcery.com (the old Software Carpentry project).

If nothing else, these might have some thoughts worth stealing.

Other ideas might include:
better ruby-gnome support - I have visions of someday being able to use a
 rubyWM that could be extended with new methods on the fly ...
a rubyshell - scsh with ruby instead of scheme

-pate