On 2/8/02 12:25 PM, "Phil Tomson" <ptkwt / shell1.aracnet.com> wrote:

> * Ruby Cocoa - seems to make Ruby a very attractive scripting language for
> MacOSX. (perhaps it needs to be promoted more in the OSX community?)

I think two tools would make a Ruby Cocoa a killer scripting language for
MacOSX. Most important is a nice IDE that can read Dictionaries published by
other applications, especially the old school style. Whacking away with a
resource editor is just too much work for many simple scripting tasks. The
IDE could also make Ruby scripts double-click launchable.

This is definitely on my To Do list.

The other thing that would be nice is glue to the Cocoa DO model. Proxies
are even more bandwidth efficient that Ruby marshaling and easier to code
around.
--
When I was a boy I was told that anybody could become President. Now I'm
beginning to believe it. -Clarence Darrow, lawyer and author (1857-1938)