On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 12:41:13AM +0900, Roger Pack wrote:

> > It's persistent by default, this done by mmap().  Yes, it means your
> > data
> > doesn't go away.  That's also the reason why LocalMemCache doesn't need
>
> As long as you don't reboot you're persistent, I suppose :)

Nope, the file will be still there if you do a normal reboot and the
buffer cache will be purged before that happens. ;-)

The only thing that could happen is that your computer crashes and the
buffer cache is not purged.  If that happens you might lose some data,
but the file should not be corrupted (If we suppose that the buffer cache
is purged in an LRU fashion, which should be the default on Unix iirc).
But these problems you will also have with Tokyo Tyrant and GDBM, so
there's no difference.

-S.