Paul Brannan <paul / atdesk.com> wrote in message news:<20020208095904.C5657 / atdesk.com>...
> I know there used to be a mailing list for iowa, but listbot seems to be
> no more... has the mailing list been set up again somewhere else since
> then?

No, unfortunately.  I'll try to set one up this weekend and let you
know.  If anyone else is interested, email me.

> I just got mod_iowa installed, and whenever I try to access an iowa
> page, I get messages like the following in my error_log:
>
>   [Fri Feb  8 04:02:00 2002] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/sbin/suexec)
>   [Fri Feb  8 09:54:54 2002] [notice] child pid 24884 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

Try using the iowa.cgi script first.  Getting that working may give
you some clues.

Are you on linux or freebsd?  I seem to remember someone having
similar problems on bsd but don't remember how it got resolved...
I also know that mod_iowa is really bad at error handling - for
example, if you give it an incorrectly formed url it might react by
segfaulting.  Patches to fix this atrocious behavior are welcome -
those who want something more robust might also look at Michael
Neumann's FastCGI patches (posted to this list a while back).