I honestly do not care about the market model. It is irrelevant(1),
what is relevant are the values a society respects or fails to
respect.

In pure capitalism, ecological behavior is possible, if ecological
values are introduced. In pure communism likewise.
Of course there are other values which would need much more respect,
like freedom and human rights, but I am not going further on this as
this would be OT even for this thread.

Cheers
Robert

(1) and resistance is futile, BTW I like the conclusion of ST Voyager
particularly because it shows the vulnerability of a centralized
system and that holds for Star fleet HQ as well as for the Queen of
Borg. Permaculture can definitely help here :)