Hi, Localmemcache-0.3.0 is ready!  Persistence is officially supported
now so it's now a real key-value database like GDBM and the like.

Localmemcache is a library for C and ruby that aims to provide an
interface similar to memcached but for accessing local data instead
of remote data.  It's based on mmap()'ed shared memory for maximum
speed. Since version 0.3.0 it supports persistence, also making it a
fastalternative to GDBM and Berkeley DB.

FEATURES
========

- blazingly fast: On my machine it's about 10% slower to store strings in
  LocalMemCache than storing them in a Ruby Hash of strings
- persistent
- parallel writes are supported by default
- uses transactions internally to avoid data corruption
- lightweight: the core library is just about 1400 lines of C code

* http://localmemcache.rubyforge.org/

EXAMPLE
=======

require 'localmemcache'
# 1. the memcached way
# $lm = LocalMemCache.new :namespace => :viewcounters
# 2. the GDBM way
$lm = LocalMemCache.new :filename => "./viewcounters.lmc"
$lm[:foo] = 1
$lm[:foo]
$lm.delete(:foo)

INSTALL
=======

# gem install localmemcache

(In case rubyforge has not yet updated the mirrors, fetch the 0.3.0 gem
from here: http://github.com/sck/localmemcache/downloads and then do
# gem install localmemcache-0.3.0.gem )

CONTACT
=======

Please contact me with bugs, suggestions and patches at: schween + snafu # de

LINKS
=====

Localmemcache: http://localmemcache.rubyforge.org/
Rubyforge project: http://localmemcache.rubyforge.org/

Source code is hosted on github: http://github.com/sck/localmemcache/

Best,

Sven C. Koehler

3100e63c98860d2393bb79e6493a415b  localmemcache-0.3.0.gem
c817f4eadc86aae7435bb91b52039197  localmemcache-0.3.0.tar.gz