On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 8:32 PM, James Gray <james / grayproductions.net> wro=
te:
ows.

> One easy way is just to install 1.9 separate from your 1.8 install. =A0Yo=
u can
> do that by feeding the configure script a --program-suffix=3D19 option wh=
ich
> would add a 19 to the end of all the executables it installs. =A0Thus you
> would use ruby19, irb19, etc.
OMG why did I not ask you, or err, reading ./configure --help a little
bit more carefully, before installing!!!!
This avoids probably the kind of compatibility problems I ran into.
Juan, by all means, follow James' approach if you cannot go with
JRuby.
R.