On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Michael Fellinger
<m.fellinger / gmail.com> wrote:

>> Q U E S T I O N:
>> When we program in Ruby and write
>> =A0 File.open( "xxx" ) do | f | f.readlines end
>> do we not feel stupid? Do we not have any pride to replace this with
>> =A0 File.readlines("xxx")
>> ?
>
> Well, I would feel stupid, but I also don't see this advocated anywhere.
Oh it was just an example in the context, please do not take offense.
Personally  when I discovered the one liner I felt quite stupid for
having written the actual three liner all over the places, maybe I am
taking programming too seriously, LOL.
As I said it was only an example, and, but this gets confusing :(, I
meant that normally people want to express themselves nicely.... But
wait, maybe this too is a wrong assumption and even if it is not,
nicety lies in the eyes of the beholder...
R.