On Apr 15, 12:50=A0pm, Aldric Giacomoni <"aldric[removeme]"@trevoke.net>
wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm looking for good tutorials which explain how to use the two tools of =
lambda
> and proc (which, ideally, would also help me learn how to think in such a=
 fashion).
> I think that would solve the third issue as well: metaprogramming, aka wr=
iting
> code that writes code.. But if not, do you know of a good tutorial for th=
at as
> well? :)

Regarding metaprogramming, I highly recommend Dave Thomas' "The Ruby
Object Model and Metaprogramming" series of screencasts. Very clear
explanations, nicely narrated. Dave uses TextMate to demonstrate code
snippets.

http://pragprog.com/screencasts/v-dtrubyom/the-ruby-object-model-and-metapr=
ogramming.