Mohit Sindhwani wrote:
If your stylesheet is in public/stylesheets/styles.css [example], then
the relative path to the images directory is:
url(../images/...jpg) or url(../images/backgrounds/image.jpg)
depending on where exactly you placed the files.

> Rob Blimploid wrote:
>> application.html.erb is correctly finding the stylesheet for my project
>> via <%= stylesheet_link_tag 'style1' %>.  My webpages reflect the
>> styling properly with a few exceptions .. the most notable being some
>> .jpg images defined for background do not display at all.  I have those
>> images in public/images.
>>

> So, the URL for the images is images/... relative to the path of your
> application.
>
>> The following is the stylesheet code containing the reference to the
>> image.
>>
>> #navigation {
>>   width: 180px;
>>   height: 484px;
>>   background: #7da5a8 url(backgrounds/nav-bg.jpg) no-repeat;
>> }
> If your stylesheet is in public/stylesheets/styles.css [example], then
> the relative path to the images directory is:
> url(../images/...jpg) or url(../images/backgrounds/image.jpg)
> depending on where exactly you placed the files.
>
> Cheers,
> Mohit.
> 4/16/2009 | 12:30 AM.

Many thanks Mohit ... worked beautifully using the relative path !!
Didn't expect such a quick response with the correct solution !!

Cheers to you as well !