Eleanor McHugh wrote:
> In Ruby that's easy as Charlie and his confederates have built me a
> first-class tool to use in JRuby with very few restrictions on the kind
> of Ruby code it'll support, whilst MRI still gives me support on a host
> of other platforms thanks to its ANSI-C implementation. For the Groovy
> folks that could well be impossible.

I tend to agree here. Groovy really is Java with enhancements (lots of
enhancements, sure), and simply would cease to exist without being on
the JVM, having JVM's types, libraries, and type system, and without a
lot of Java's baggage. Groovy is, in a sense, a dynamic-typed Java. That
certainly gives an easy path for folks used to Java to start moving to
dynamic langauges. But detaching it from Java would not be easy, if it's
possible at all.

- Charlie