Takehiro Kubo wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 9:35 PM, Peter Bailey <pbailey / bna.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I need to access an Oracla database with Ruby. I've loaded OCI8 and DBI.
>> When I run a simple script to just check on the existence of an image in
>> the database, I get a DBI interface error, and, this:
>>
>> Exception: Could not load driver (unitialized constant OCI8::Driver)
>
> What version of ruby, ruby-dbi and ruby-oci8 do you use?
> How did you install ruby-dbi and ruby-oci8?

Thanks,
I'm using Ruby 1.8.6. I did a gem install of dbi, so, presumably, it's
the latest. And, I downloaded and installed the latest version of oci8,
for Windows.

A colleague of mine suggested that, for my purposes, I can just use http
to query my database. So, I've done that and it works. But, I would like
to understand better how to actually get into the database, because, in
the future, I could foresee needing to actually pull files from it.