On Apr 10, 2:20  򮮮
> > DRY is a useful principle, but when the code required to implement it > > is larger than repeating something simple you might consider whether > > it's appropriate.       > Actually the code required to implement it is 60 lines (1/4 spent on
> documentation):http://github.com/cldwalker/thor-tasks/blob/8901b806cbdacd30b6dcbf92c...
>
> > repeating are simple and memorable - such as your own name. There'sA0
> > also the concern that anyone building your gem might accidentally be > > labeled as the original author. There are other valuable principlesA0
> > you might want to balance, such as the KEIOPSPCFIE (keep everything > > in one place so people can find it easily ) principle.
>
> I probably didn't make it clear but I would still be shipping my gem's
> with their gemspec.
> I just prefer generating them from one central location. This
> principle would be preserved since I ship gems with their gemspec.

Well, what happens if I configure the central location in my machine
with different values than yours?

The thing is that you're generating the gemspec for that gem from a
central location. We all know that the gemspec gets bundled with the
gem itself, the problem is the generator tasks and the obscure process
of updating the gemspec without knowing where the central location is.

Sometimes DRY is overrated.

--
Luis Lavena