From: Diego.Virasoro / gmail.com
Subject: Re: Ruby 1.9.1 + Tk problem
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 22:25:04 +0900
> However I tried to read a bit of the tk.rb file... and noticed the
> known bug about TkAqua. My Tk is version 8.4.7... could it be that
> that too has the same bug? (you check for a version >8.4.9).

May not be...
I thought that such kind of trouble depends on TkAqua's specification
with native threads.
If you use standard Tcl/Tk.framework libraries and you have no other
Tcl/Tk libraries on your MacOSX box, please tell me your configure
options when you compiled ruby (tcltklib).

However, I'm happy if you try the patch and report the result of the
following two test codes which are different at the first line only.
module TkCore; RUN_EVENTLOOP_ON_MAIN_THREAD=false; end
p TkCore::RUN_EVENTLOOP_ON_MAIN_THREAD
require 'tk'
p TkCore::RUN_EVENTLOOP_ON_MAIN_THREAD
p TkButton.new(:text=>'TEST',:command=>proc{p 'test'}).pack
Tk.mainloop
module TkCore; RUN_EVENTLOOP_ON_MAIN_THREAD=true; end