I am thinking, its being caused me copying lots of files with the same
name (index.dat) and only the last copied file is present in my
destination folder, which is infact corrupt.

How would I assign a new name to a file if one already exists, for
example I am thinking

if File.exist(Index.dat)
  File.copy(file[x], '\\Test')
else
  File.copy(file, '\\Test')

Basically I am trying to say, if you find an index.dat file in the
destination folder copy the next index.dat file but give it a squential
number

index[1].dat
index[2].dat

Does that make sense?