To edit my ruby code I rediscovered the good old vim. vim6 even has
syntax highlighting rules for ruby. Which works great, except on the
following code:
dbh.do("select whatever from whereever;")
  foo
end

The syntax highlighting rules seem to think that do starts a code
block. This is just a mior nuisance but it freaked me out the first
time when I was wondering why one of my "end"s war differently colored
then the other ones :)

A IMHO bigger nuisance is the lack of folding support based on
syntax. I would like to collapse whole methods. Folding based on
indentation is not very helpful with that. (maybe it's just the way
I indent my code?)

Has someone come up with a better syntax highlighting/folding file for
vim?

Cheers
Martin